Time to change your narrative.
How often do you find yourself gravitating towards people like you? It is no coincidence; we are all energetic beings. We are attracted to a similar vibration and frequency. So, if you are feeling negative and all doom and gloom then you will be attracted to people who feel the same. Ultimately when you decide that it is time to change your narrative, you can change your life.
Many of you reading this may not know that I started my first business back in 1996. I had recently graduated as a Naturopath and was super excited about being able to help people heal and take responsibility for their own health and wellness.
Armed with my previous knowledge and skills that came with my health science degree in nursing and my new knowledge and skills in Naturopathy, I was ready to launch my business. Starting off in a clinic with 4 seasoned clinicians I was inspired and in awe of the work they done. It wasn’t long before I was running my own clinic with other alternative practitioners working in my business.
You would think that all this success meant that I had a thriving business, which was the case. I had a large client base; however, naturopathic school had not taught me how to run a business. I had a busy clinic with lots of clients who loved the results they were getting in their life and health. Unfortunately, I struggled to make ends meet because I couldn’t charge clients that were struggling financially. I was attracting clients who did not value the services I was providing. When I looked closer it was me that was not valuing what I was doing. It was as if I did not believe in myself. My colleagues were telling me, “time to change your narrative”.
As a result, my business folded as I could not pay my overheads, and I left the world of small business very disillusioned. I then returned to the world of being an employee. I had a variety of roles, experienced huge career growth and was exposed to lots of opportunities. Finally, becoming the Head of Health for large global oil and gas organisation. This was a great job, but I felt personally unfulfilled. I eventually left that world to discover what was missing?
Fast forward to 2018 when I started my new business. This time I decided I would do it differently. I took myself off to business school, unpacked my IP, self-published a book and committed to having different business coaches and mentors who could help me grow my business as well as develop professionally.
Being a small business is a tough gig but hugely rewarding especially when you find your purpose work. The magic that lights you up from the inside. Pushes you to keep going every day despite the challenges. We know that the fall out from COVID has spun many of us into turmoil as we have flexed and pivoted in business to survive.
“Always remember you are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”A.A Milne
So, here are some of my key learnings over the last 4 years: –
- Remaining committed to building and growing my business. Focusing on my own self-development has increased my happiness and success.
- Keeping focussed on my purpose work, supporting professional women to do their inner work. Watching them align, heal, and grow in their career, life, and business as they achieved sustained success. This has confirmed to me that I am providing a much needed service.
- Staying grounded and balanced, doing my own inner work has enabled me to support my clients healing journey as well as my own. We never stop learning or healing.
- Wearing the many hats of a small business owner has been challenging. As a result, I have learned many new skills that also support my clients on their journey.
- I love doing my purpose driven work, mentoring professional women. I am so grateful that my clients trust me to support them as they walk their own purpose driven path.
- Personal and professional development has been critical for me to continue to grow and stay relevant. Making a difference one step at a time.
- My unique point of difference is that I deliver a whole-istic mentoring program across all facets of mind, body and spirit. This covers health, exercise, nutrition, and wellness through to energy and wealth abundance.
- By utilising my unique spiritual gifts have helped my clients to sustain their success. They have developed their intuition further. Enabling them to release old patterns of behaviour and limiting self-beliefs that has been holding them back. Now they are achieving success in life, business, health, and career. Finding their unique codes has been the key to growth and success.
It has been these findings that gave me the courage to enter the business networking awards for 2021. We all know that to grow you need to step out of your comfort zone. So, I took the plunge and entered the awards. As I completed the award submission, I reflected on how far I had come in my business. More importantly it provided me with clarity around where I want to take my business in the future.
The icing on the cake was when it was announced that I was the 2021 Health and Wellness Business of the year. Wow, just wow! My cup is full and overflowing now as I bask in the joy of achieving this award. My key learning was to never stop believing in myself and what is possible and achievable. Don’t doubt yourself, just do it!
I encourage you all to ask yourself these questions: –
- Do you feel that your soul is yearning to do take a different career path to achieve happiness?
- Are you fed up feeling stuck and repeating the same patterns over and over?
- You have a feeling deep inside you telling you that you are destined to do great things, but you are scared to take a chance?
- Do you want more from life and career than you currently have?
- You need someone in your corner to bounce ideas off, guide you and hold you accountable?
If your answer is YES to these questions then lets jump on a call and see how I may help you to heal old wounds to shift your energy, mindset, and direction so that 2022 will be your best year yet?